||The Redress Design Award 2021
||12/11/2020 - 11/11/2021
|Brief description of the Project
||The Redress Design Award 2021 works to educate emerging designers about sustainable fashion techniques and innovations in order to reduce waste and promote a circular economy for fashion. Working directly with a wide range of key stakeholders the competition aims to:
- Provide a platform for emerging sustainable design talent.
- Deliver practical educational resources to equip designers and educators with sustainable design skills.
- Champion circular fashion initiatives amongst designers, educators, retailers and consumers.
- Manage an alumni network to provide emerging sustainable fashion designers with professional development opportunities.
- Promote Hong Kong as a hub for creativity and sustainable fashion.
- Create an international platform for information exchange and collaboration between emerging Eastern and Western businesses, designers and academia.
The project includes:
- A global sustainable design competition for fashion designers and students with up to four years' experience
- A Circular Fashion training course for applicants of the competition.
- Promotion of sustainable fashion teaching packs with academic institutions.
- New content for online LEARN platform
- Teacher training events in 3 locations including 1 in Hong Kong
- An alumni networking event in Hong Kong
- Sustainable fashion lecture briefings at select academic institutions.
- Half-day academies day academies in select Asian and European cities.
- A fashion shoot in Hong Kong.
- A sustainable fashion magazine.
- Designer workshops in Hong Kong for the finalists and local industry professionals.
- Finalists' fashion show during CENTRESTAGE.
- Showcase of alumni designers as part of the main show at CENTRESTAGE.
- One sustainable fashion panel discussion at CENTRESTAGE.
- Three exhibition booths at CENTRESTAGE to showcase select alumni's sustainable fashion brands.
- Two post-event exhibitions, with one in Hong Kong.
- An educational documentary series for online broadcast.
The project information is accurate as of the approval date of the project.
Back to Search Page